SzóKiMondóka – the world word by word
developmental books and toys with words
Do you want SzóKiMondóka to appear in your language?
SzóKiMondóka is a methodology that promotes literacy from an early age in a fun and interactive way which also creates opportunities for parents to play with their children using words, songs and rhymes. In today’s picture oriented world we bring the world of words closer to children in a playful way. We introduce the world to them word by word.
Words fuel imagination, pictures — while they provide examples, ultimately help form a limited belief if left unaccompanied by language.
How are we different and why?
In each product we introduce a thematic collection of words that we teach to 2-6 years old children. We blend the text with the illustrations. The thematic words are highlighted and next to them their meanings are illustrated. The child says the word as it comes up in the story, based on the illustration. Their visual memory develops as well, while they view the shape of the word. This experience is a building block of reading.
With our most comprehensive product the SzóKiMondóka kit takes the child’s experience of word play to the next level.
The child SEES the word, HEARS the word, SAYS the word, then ACTS OUT the meaning of the word. The words are then connected to a song or a rhyme and put into context in various situations.
The kits feature:
- storybook by János Lackfi
- parental guide
- word cards
Each kit introduces an element through the corresponding set of words and the six chapter series (Family, Water, Air, Fire, Earth, Human) takes us through the four seasons, all the body parts, colors and more. The kit provides playful learning through an interactive DVD, which features native songs and rhymes along with a storybook which all highlight the same set of words.
We choose our themes with the focus on how children get to know the world around them, word by word, step by step.
- body parts: Bodypart book series
- 5 senses (hearing, seeing, touch, smelling, taste)
- nature (4 elements: earth, water, fire, air): Mona Mano books 1-2
- holidays: Christmas book
Songs and rhymes are an essential part of SzóKiMondóka books:
- they help language development through musicality
- they provide a bonding and meaningful experience for parent and child
- the rhymes encourage the playfulness of language
- native rhymes teach kids about their culture
We also use interactive signs to:
- involve the child in the story
- help the child draw conclusions from the story
- trigger conversations between the parent and child
SzóKiMondóka’s books are well suited for the all important “lap time” between parent and child. Because of the interactive nature of our books it creates an ideal “emotional gas station” for the child.
- Thematic activity booklets: Easter, Christmas
- Rhyme cubes with corresponding rhymes to each featured word
- 5 chapter book series on the five senses by Krisztina Rita Molnár
- 8 chapter book series on the emotions
- Mona Around the World book – a journey through the five continents
- Magnificent Trees – an introductory story to trees around us
- Kits in production: Water, Air, Earth, Fire, Human chapters
- Activity booklets in preparation: Corresponding booklets to each chapter of the Body part book series
- A board game that plays with the words and their meaning. There are several games included in the folder: a memory game with the words, a matching, word-picture game, an explain the meaning of the word game and a board game based on words and letters.
SzóKiMondóka is a subsidiary of the American based company TreeFa World Inc.
The debut of the proprietary SzóKiMondóka methodology is in the Hungarian language and culture. Currently SzóKiMondóka is supported and endorsed by:
- Dr. Annamária Kádár (leading child developmental psychologist), Dr. Silvia Harday (leading social psychologist), Tímea Szabó-Zsedely (US based linguist, psychologist, language preservation expert), János Lackfi (best selling, award winning children’s story book writer), Veronaki (reknowned Hungarian band, writing, producing, performing children’s music).
- Facebook, over 10000 followers
- distribution in over 100 stores both in Hungary and in the Unites States (expat market)
- outreach: workshops, lectures, events
- weekly radio show
- YouTube channel
- weekly newsletter and blog (over 1000 subscribers)
We are looking for
Now, that SzóKiMondóka is available all over in Hungary, our next step is to enter the international market. We are looking for partners to help achieve this.
- International relationships: To extend distribution of the SzóKiMondóka methodology into other territories, cultures, languages, where there exists a desire to connect children’s content with their specific world.
- Licensing agreements: In both publishing and distribution.
- Other partners: To distribute our Hungarian products abroad.
TreeFa World Productions Ltd.
TreeFa World Inc. P.O.Box 516 New York, NY 10276, USA
Tel: +36 20 6656 199